How to Make a New Look on Kitchen Cabinets; Paint or Coat?
You want to renovate your kitchen but you don’t have enough money for it? Actually, you can also do this with a very small budget. With these two methods, painting and coating, you can have a brand new look in your kitchen. You won’t recognize your old kitchen cabinets after painting with acrylic paint or coating with PVC foil and replacing all knobs and handles.
Of course, these will not give you brand new cabinets. But you can extend your cabinet’s life while having the fresh feeling of new ones. Painting or coating cabinets are easy, cheap, and very practical methods with wonderful results.
The key point of painting kitchen cabinets is to use the right type of paint. You can have the best results with water-based paint. And the second method is coating. The most proper materials for coating are PVC door foils and PVC foils for furniture. As Anka PVC Company, we are a leader company on PVC foils.
So, which one is the most proper method for kitchen cabinet renovation, painting, or coating? What to consider while coating and painting? Today, we prepared this post that will give you useful information about painting and coating kitchen cabinets.
Painting Kitchen Cabinets for a Colorful Kitchen
Painting kitchen cabinets is an easy, cheap, and successful method for kitchen renovation. So how to paint kitchen cabinets? First, you should choose the right material. The best paint for kitchen cabinets is water-based wood paint. Painting may require attention and more labor, but it is a delightful and easy work with unexpected results.
Here are useful tips about how to paint kitchen cabinets;
- First of all, you should lay sheets or covers on the painting place in order to work clean.
- Dismantle all the parts and equipment on the cabinets to paint more easily,
- Any small defects on the surface of cabinets will ruin the paint. So you should sandpaper them first, and then clean them with a damp cloth.
- You should cover the parts that won’t be painted with covering tape.
- The best painting equipment is the roller brush. Make horizontal moves for the best result.
- Use also lining fitch for the spots or parts that you can’t reach with the roller.
- After the drying of the first layer, you should paint for the second layer. This will create a better view.
- After the second layer is dried, install the components back and mount the door to its place.
When you work meticulously, you will be pleased with the work that you achieved.
Kitchen Cabinet Coating with PVC Foils
The other most popular method for cabinets is PVC foil coating. This method is more tedious when compared to painting, but the result is more attractive. The coating will definitely create a better view than painting for kitchen cabinet doors.
But, coating kitchen cabinets requires more attention, effort, and expertise. Although it may seem hard for you in the beginning. But you can be sure that you will enjoy it when you start working. Important issues about coating kitchen cabinets are;
- First, you should dismantle doors and all the components of the cabinet doors.
- Then, clean the surface of the cabinet doors gently with a damp cloth. In order to coat properly, you need a smooth and dust-free surface.
- Use a tape line to measure doors and other parts carefully. Measuring is very important because even small mistakes will affect your coating.
- Then cut the self-adhesive foil with the measures you take. Be careful not to give any harm to the surface that you cut the foil with a box cutter or scissors.
- Extract the top of the back of the adhesive foil. Then carefully start applying from the top of the cabinet doors. As you move, extract the other parts of the adhesive foil cover.
- Be sure not to leave any bubble between the foil and the surface. These small bubbles will create a bad view on the surface. So, you should get rid of them by using a spatula.
- Don’t use sharp objects in this process because they can harm the surface of the foil.
- Cut the extra foil parts with scissors or a knife.
- Press with a spatula on the surface in order to make the adhesion better. Also, it would be good to use a hairdryer to help the foil to hold on to the surface better.
- Install all the components, handles, and knobs back. For a better result, you may also replace them with the new ones.
- Mount the cabinet doors to their places.
These are the two great and easy methods for kitchen cabinet renovation. So, which one is a better method to renovate kitchen cabinets; coating or painting? Of course, everyone has his own taste. But we believe that coating is better than painting. Because you don’t mass around when coating cabinet doors. Also, the coated surface has a better view than the painted ones.
For more; ankapvcfilm.com/pvc-foil/